Online Counseling will not be utilized for individuals who are struggling with suicidal or homicidal thoughts or ideation. If you are experiencing either of these concerns, please call 911 or contact your local emergency behavioral health facility. Those with severe mental illness or behavioral concerns should utilize in-office mental health services, and will not be appropriate for Online Counseling.
Individuals who are considering counseling for anxiety, depression, career concerns, stress management, relationship and family concerns, self-esteem, personal growth, or similar issues are great candidates for Online Counseling
Please note: Online Counseling can only be utilized by residents that live in the state of North Carolina, due to licensure. Based on your presenting concern, I will determine whether you will be a good candidate for online counseling.
Studies have shown that there are great benefits to Online Counseling such as:
- Lower rates than traditional, in-office mental health and life coaching services
- Wider range of session availability, outside of traditional work hours
- Providing services to individuals who are unable to leave their home, due to medical limitations or responsibilities within their home
- Providing services to individuals who are uncomfortable/anxious being around others
- Providing services to those who are working out-of-town, on-vacation, or living in another state
- The ability to communicate concerns to counselor/life coach via email or chat in-session
- The ability for those who are visually impaired or hearing impaired to obtain services
- The ability to avoid the commute to an office for services
Due to the nature of online and internet-based communication, your level of confidentiality may be reduced. I advise that you are alone when communicating with me to avoid your confidentiality being breached. I assure you the same. Before your initial appointment, you must sign the Informed Consent form and fax/email the form to me. This form, as well as all forms needed can be found under the Forms tab above.
Contact me today with any questions about Online Counseling or to schedule an appointment.